January 11, 2010

Like a Bird

"I'm Like A Bird" came on my Pandora this afternoon and it made me feel like a little girl again. In that moment, I was running down a dirt road in Maine, training for my upcoming middle school lacrosse season and listening to this song on my Walkman (the iPod of the 90s). I also remember a birthday sleepover where we sat around my friend's kitchen table and belted out the lyrics. I am like a bird, I only fly away, I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. How spiritual music can be! Transporting you to another time. A distant place in your history. Sometimes we need a reminder of where we came from.

Image found here.

2 comments:

  1. Songs can transform us to a different time! I go back to the sunny summer afternoons in Texas, back when I didn't have a care in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, the song drums up a hundred different memories from my time living in Duluth with my sister, watching the sunshine come into our little apartment on 21st Street! Thank you for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS