August 7, 2009

Homeward Bound

I'm heading Maine-ward this weekend to regroup after a rough set of days. I've been going home quite frequently this summer, which is fine because Maine is a beautiful place and I am very lucky to have a wonderful family who always receives me with open arms. As of late, I have been longing for a rural setting where I can kick up my heels and frolic in a country field (not unlike this young man in the picture above). I want the fresh, natural air to fill my lungs once more. I love the easy, forgiving nature of summer. It just let's you lay in the palm of its hand and rest your weary head, lulling you to ease with the delicate sound of crickets and smooth, wild flowery breezes. Happy weekend, my friends!

Image can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS