May 10, 2010

Isn't She Lovely?

This post is a little late because I was away from my computer this weekend.

I know my mom approves of this picture above, which is why it appears here and I am not in fear of my life for putting unapproved photography of her on a public site. She does not like to have her picture taken. Many of our family vacations consisted of my dad and me trying to take a picture of her, but she's so quick (many of them were derriere shots)!

But to the point! My mother is one incredible woman. She is beautiful, smart, kind, silly - a real definition of a free spirit.

And she's just plain cool. A line from a conversation we recently had. "Oh, Alien! I saw that movie in the 70s when I was counseling teenage prostitutes [in Boston's combat zone]."

Her eternal optimism - embodied through her glowing smile and golden hair - breathes new life into all who meet her. You meet my mom and you just feel loved. Instead of shaking hands, she gives you a hug.

She is ALWAYS there for me, even when we have the occasional disagreement. She never judges me and loves me in spite of my choices, good and bad. She tells me to believe. Her goodness is interminable. I am a most fortunate daughter.

5 comments:

  1. From her quote, that job sounds really fascinating. I'm glad she approves of this photo...she is really quite lovely in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful picture of your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so young!! And very alive!! Must be great to have such a powerful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a lovely post !! she seems great, and what a great-great picture of her !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture! Your mom is also fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter; I'm sure she is so proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS