October 13, 2010

Style Love: A Tale of the Cloche and the Blazer

So I realized that I cannot eliminate fashion from my blog because I adore it too much and putting together unique outfits, as I am sure others can attest, is one of the most original and exciting parts of living as a woman of moderate to extravagant means. So, I had to pay tribute to one of my favorite hat shapes: the cloche! Try as I may, I have not found a wool fedora hat that either fits my enormous head or looks appealing in any way. BUT, the cloche style hat seems to work on me and I recently found a charming aubergine wool cloche hat on reduction at Banana Republic. Quelle chance! It fits perfectly and the color goes with every coat for the upcoming chilly months!


Also, in other news, I snagged this rad white over sized blazer at a thrift store in Bethel, Maine (oh yes, they have style in ski country, my friends). It fits me perfectly and it was ONLY $5!!!! In this uncertain economy of Emily Bowen, that was totally clutch. I paired the jacket with a grey silk dress from Target, mulberry-colored tights, and brown Kenneth Cole Riding Boots (Piperlime). Now all I need is a place to go/work. I mean, who wouldn't want to hire me in this outfit?! I'm expecting a call from Elizabeth and James any day now [twiddles thumbs].

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE it! How adorable is that hat?! You look tres chic! You'll be hired in an instant! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS