September 14, 2010

A New Leaf


It's been a while, my dear friends. I've been trying to keep up with your lovely blog spaces but as for The Marginalian, I have been uninspired and unsure about where take my little space of Internet real estate.  I started The Marginalian to practice my writing and then it turned into a sometimes space of design inspiration and musings on my life. In the end, however, most of my posts felt like inferior copies of another blogger's genius.

So, I am going to reign in the focus of this space. I want it to be a more about the issues and topics that interest me: international affairs, politics, the inclusivity of women and minorities in security matters, gender roles, living in the twenty-first century, and perhaps a cultural review or two of some notable films, books, and music albums.   There will be a dash of personal here and there but I hope that the space will become more about my thinking and less about my doing.

I will also be starting down the path of podcasting and audio production by creating "The Weekly Marginalian," a short program of commentary and audio clips of interest.

I hope the few of you who frequent my space will continue to visit because I so enjoy the conversation!

Wishing all who read this a joyous September day!

Taken by me in 2006, the image above is the view of Bath, England, from one of the seven surrounding hills. This is my most favorite spot in the entire world.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to listen to your podcasts! Love the new direction, it's going to rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, cannot wait to hear the podcasts! So glad to have a post pop up from you (I was beginning to worry)! Hope you're having a wonderful September! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, podcasts, that's intense! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto all...I'm really excited for the podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Podcasts?! Sign me up. So excited for you!

    But where will I get all my style information?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS