September 11, 2009

Elegy


I'll never forget this day -- this day when everything changed. Though my own world did not come crashing down as it did for others, it's foundations were shaken and my consciousness forever recalibrated to a deeper understanding of evil, fear, and weakness. This day saw many innocent lives lost. Valuable, vibrant souls who meant so much to this world. However, in their memory, they inspired the resilience of the human spirit to persevere after a great loss. My fellow Americans and citizens around the world continue to carry on the mission of those beautiful fallen lives that were making a difference, each in their own special way.

I thought this day represented the end of something. It did. But not everything.

Image can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS