October 9, 2009

At Last

This post consists of indulgent gushing over The Office and the marriage of Jim and Pam! I've watched these two for many years, and in a silly way, they feel like family. In this world where relationships struggle to stand the hazards of contemporary times, I find their relationship refreshing (despite the obvious fictional idealism) and inspiring. It's a tribute to the show that so many people admire the bond and love shared by a shy receptionist (well, not any more) and an awkward salesman. The normalcy of their situation makes it seem all the more attainable by those of us still looking for our "Jim."

Image found here.

5 comments:

  1. I tivo'd it last night...and will be watching it this morn.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely teared up during this episode! It's amazing how close one can feel to a fictional couple on TV. Pam and Jim forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubs laughed at me as I sobbed. Whatever. That's a real love story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, BEST EPISODE EVER! Jim's smile makes me quiver in my tube socks...the scene on the boat had me bawling with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, still looking for my own life's "jim".
    ha, aren't we all hey?
    thanks for gushing about it, and thanks for your blog! just discovered it today :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lovely bit of your own marginalia!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS